On 12/04/12 08:12, Benny Pedersen wrote:
Brandon R. Halsne skrev den 04-12-2012 16:06:

We currently are running Roundcube 0.1-rc2 and would like to upgrade
to the newest version while keeping the user address lists and
settings during this migration. I have tried following the methods
listed on the Roundcube site, but have had no luck in getting moved to
the newer version. Is there any information, or does anyone have
information on the best way to achieve this?

i would do a mysql dump of all roundcube data, so there is backup,
next step is for me to install latest roundcube, with complete new
database layout, and get that working with imap/smtp servers, when
this is working, delete all mysql data for that roundcube install,
then the next step would be to migrade the old mysql data to the new
layout, with should be simple in php, its a custom php script that are only needed ones, i have not used 0.1 here, but deppending on how many
users there is it could be faster just to let users dump ther
addressbooks to vcard format, and then on the new roundcube import it,
rest of the settings is to much changed anyway to make it simple
miggrading all users configs

but if you really need to try, there is mysql updates that can be
used, hopefully this works, just make sure you backup first if it does
not

I would be tempted to try (after a thorough mysql backup as noted above), to perform the upgrade in two or more steps, and let the installer update the database schema. I'd probably move to the last of the 0.4.x releases as a first step, backup again and then perhaps all the way to current (0.8.4) as a second step.

--
Arne Berglund
System Administrator, Internet Services