Hi there,

I did install roundcube on a ubuntu 12.04 box using apt-get
I also installed some plugins also using apt-get
managesieve version: 5.0

and activated the plugins:
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('managesieve', 'password');
then in managesieve/config.inc.php I changed the port to 4190

// managesieve server port
$rcmail_config['managesieve_port'] = 4190;
// managesieve server address, default is localhost.
$rcmail_config['managesieve_host'] = 'localhost';

Non the filter tab is presented in the roudcube but click it gives a "not able to access sieve server" error (or some such, I get it in german)
and in the rouncube log I get the following error:

[25-Dec-2012 09:47:54 +0100]: PHP Error: Unable to connect to managesieve on localhost:4190 in /usr/share/roundcube/plugins/managesieve/managesieve.php on line 286 (GET /?_task=settings&_action=plugin.managesieve)

however, if I try to access this port using telnet, it seems to work.
root@susanne ~ # telnet localhost 4190
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Dovecot Pigeonhole"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave"
"NOTIFY" "mailto"
"SASL" "PLAIN"
"STARTTLS"
"VERSION" "1.0"
OK "Dovecot ready."

unfortunately I am not a php programmer so I would not know how to debug this.

for any pointers on how to solve this problem would be very much appreciated.

have a good holiday season
robert