Hi

I agree with point 1 from Manfred. Switching between HTML /
Plain Text usually ends in tears. I have to use HTML emails all the time
to effectively reply to, or forward HTML emails.

Forwarding large or
complicated HTML emails (newsletters etc) doesn't always work, I have to
switch to Outlook to perm these tasks.

Another nice feature would be
able to schedule messages for sending later. I know you can install
third-party plugins for this, but it would be nice to have this
functionality by default.

Other than that RC is great, I use it every
day.

Ted

On 26/01/2013 13:41, Manfred Usselmann wrote:

> I'm very
happy with roundcube and I'm using it exclusively for quite a while now.

> Two things could be improved a bit:
>
> * It's not easy to
switch between the HTML and text part (For display and when replying).
I'm now using HTML mail only, everything else is not really feasible. I
would prefer if I could reply in text mode if the original mail is
text-only or has text and html parts and the html has no special
formatting.

> * My folder tree is very large and deeply structured,
which makes the daily task of moving mails from the inbox to the final
archive folder more work than with the email clients I was using before.
It would be helpful if I could select the target folder with the
keyboard in a similiar way like the filtering of the target adress
(typing limits the folder list to those folders where the name contains
the typed string).

> Regards,
> Manfred
>
> P.S.: At least the
current skin Larry seems to be not really usable on the iPad because
scrolling is partly not possible. Instead the screen size gets changed.

> Am 26.01.2013 13:19, schrieb Thomas Bruederli:
>
>> Hello
folks

>> We're in the final round of getting the 0.9 stable release
ready and
>> the question about the next major version arises. I know,
our
>> versioning has been very modest and therefore we're at 0.9 after
more
>> than 7 years of development. When starting Roundcube back in
2005, my
>> vision about Roundcube version 1.0 was to be feature
complete and
>> ready for the average daily needs of email messaging.
However, during
>> the years we might have lost our objectivity for
things like
>> feature-completeness and that's why I'd like you to speak
up for this.

>> Do you think Roundcube deserves the version 1.0?
>>

>> My personal gut feeling says "yes, of course". Since version 0.7
we're
>> seeing nearly 100K downloads from our mirrors and each
installation of
>> Roundcube serves up to several thousand users. While
the total number
>> of Roundcube users is still unclear, I nevertheless
think that the
>> broad use of our software is a clear indicator that it
actually *is*
>> ready for the average daily messaging.
>>
>> Together
with this simple yes-no question, I'd also like to give you
>> the
opportunity to submit your personal "1.0 wish list". Feel free to

post your top 3 must-have features you're currently missing in

Roundcube. Your feedback will help us to hopefully make the right

decisions and to do the further planning for the roadmap beyond the

1.0 release.

>> Many thanks for your support and participation!
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Thomas

Links:
------