On 26.09.2013 14:07, Reindl Harald wrote:

again: *not* on the roundcube side, roundcube is a mail *client*

Not on the Roundcube side? Sure; can we configure the IMAP
side somehow so that Roundcube hides things that are not permitted?

How about the address book? That comes from a database, not IMAP.

the client *must not* be responsible for permissions
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4314#page-19

The archive IMPA4 account can itself have access restrictions
in it. I'm only concerned with not showing irrelevant UI,
not proposing that access control depends on whether or not
the UI is hidden.

Of course if someone logs into that special archive account
in regular mode (or with another client), they should not
be permitted to mess with the contents.

For my purposes, it would be good enough that nobody knows
the name of this account or is password. (Of course, the RC
installation would have these credentials in its configuration.)

what you want is make roundcube with a mode without email-functions

Without *some* e-mail functions, obviously; not without *all* of them.

why do you think that a webmail-client with hidden email-functions
is a good idea as base?

Because it's already done, debugged and has a good-looking UI for
viewing messages and some search capability. That alone is a
lot do develop and test from scratch.