On 02/12/2013 13:07, Kaz Kylheku wrote:

> As a workaround, you can click on the little blue"HTML" button in the tool
> bar.
>
> This takes you to raw HTML markup mode where you can fix the problem by
> adding a bit of text outside of the quote elements (where the regular editor
> is not allowing you to type anything).
>
> Then go back to the WYSIWYG mode where you can continue the new text.
>
> USERS WHO ARE TOLD TO SWITCH TO TEXT ARE BEING BADLY ADVISED.
>
> This idiotic little dance is a unifying theme of all HTML editors pretty
> much, on and off the web. I've had to do this kind of thing in every web
> forum I've ever been in as well as in desktop HTML editors like Kompozer.
>
> On 01.12.2013 14:40, Nick Edwards wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Often, in replying to HTML messages, it is impossible to insert an
>> inline reply throughout the message, if I try type anything, even
>> through enters, backspaces, deletes, whatever, it ends up being
>> inside the last post, making it appear to have been said by the person
>> I reply to, this was reported by many users and I can't see a way
>> around it.
>>
>> Shouldnt the default html editor see a local keyboard line input as a
>> break and insert of new content?
>>
>> Users are getting sick of being told to covert message to text so they
>> can sanely reply.

That's fine for technically minded, but never assume all, or even the
majority are. Try expecting an 85yo to do all that to work around it.

my advice to them, is to install a real client, or even a half real
client like thunderbird :)

 --

_Kind Regards_
_Noel Butler_

 This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender then delete all relevance of this message including any
attachments, immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal
privilege are not waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of
this message. Only PDF [2] and ODF [3] documents are accepted, do not
send Microsoft proprietary formatted documents.

Links:
------
[2] http://www.adobe.com/
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument