On 18/01/2014 11:59, da-roundecubelist...@abelonline.de wrote:
> I can't get the password plugin to work. When I enter the new password I only
> get the message "Could not save new password."
>
> I am using the sql driver with a postgresql db and the doveadm tool.
>
> The problem is that I can't find any explanation anywhere. I checked all logs
> in /var/log/roundcube/. I tried debug_level 1, 2, 4 and 8 and also
> password_log in the password plugin configuration. I also tried the SQL
> UPDATE manually and it works.
>
> Here are the relevant lines of /etc/roundcube/plugins/password/config.inc.php:
> $rcmail_config['password_driver'] = 'sql';
> $rcmail_config['password_confirm_current'] = false;
> $rcmail_config['password_minimum_length'] = 4;
> $rcmail_config['password_require_nonalpha'] = false;
> $rcmail_config['password_log'] = true;
> $rcmail_config['password_db_dsn'] =
> 'pgsql://mailpasswordchanger:thepassword@localhost/mailserver';
> $rcmail_config['password_query'] = 'UPDATE virtual_users SET password=\'%D\'
> WHERE local=\'%l\' AND domain=\'%d\';';;
>  $rcmail_config['password_idn_ascii'] = false;
>  $rcmail_config['password_dovecotpw'] = '/usr/local/sbin/dovecotpw';
> $rcmail_config['password_dovecotpw_method'] = 'SHA512-CRYPT';
> $rcmail_config['password_dovecotpw_with_method'] = true;
>
> It's a debian server with roundcube-0.7.2-9+deb7u1 and dovecot-2.1.7-7
>
> Any idea where I could find some hints?

One of the issue I came across when I upgraded dovecot to 2.x was that
the dovecotpw command didn't exist.

For a while I kept patching the plugin file to use "doveadm pw" but then
I decided to create the dovecotpw file with my own wrapper script to do
the job.

Check if /usr/local/sbin/dovecotpw exists, if it doesn't try using the
below code as that file, it will need to be executable too ( chmod a+x )

--- BEGIN CODE ---
#!/bin/bash

# This will log arguments passed to the script if uncommented
# WARNING it will log plain text passwords.
# echo "$*" >> /tmp/dovecotpw

doveadm pw "$*"
--- END CODE ---

The problem is that the roundcube plugin calls "dovecotpw $ARGS" but
dovecot requires you to call "doveadm pw $ARGS" now.

Steve.