Dear Roundcube devs and list lurkers

PGP encryption for Roundcube is a repeatedly popping up topic. Of
course we're also very much interested in providing a solid solution
for end-to-end encryption as a standard part of Roundcube. I therefore
tried to summarize the current situation in our wiki [1] and compiled
a few wishes to current and future encryption browser plugins - from a
webmail programmer's point of view of course:

http://roundcubeinbox.wordpress.com/2014/10/10/our-wish-list-for-encryption-browser-extensions/

I think the approach with a locally installed browser extension to do
the encryption part is the most sustainable at the moment. While
Mailvelope [2] already does a pretty good job, please also give your
attention to pEp [3] which adds some more simplicity and automation on
top of standard encryption methods like PGP and S/MIME. After a recent
meeting with the pEp developers, I'm really looking forward to see
this become available, eventually also as a browser extension. So
please support their crowd-funding campaign [4] and help them to make
encryption easy for everyone.

Kind regards,
Thomas

[1] http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Dev_Encryption