I have Roundcube installed on my web server to access the accounts on my mail
server.

I have a friend who has his mail and website hosted at a third party, but they
only offer squirreltail (with no plugins) or Horde (which will not display his
HTML email because that is a global setting) or standard IMAP via a client0side
MUA.

I do not want to host his site or email, but I am willing to setup Roundcube
for him, if I can.

What I would need to be able to do is have him load up a roundcube instance on
my machine and then… login with his account info for the third party host? I
mean, it seems as this would work if Roundcube is essentially acting as an MUA,
but is it?

I am assuming this would have to be an entirely different Roundcube install
just for him.

I know it would be easier to just use a regular MUA, but he’s old and set in
his way and his idea of the Internet is Launching Internet Explorer. Having
another application just for email would be difficult for him, and would then
be difficult for me. He’s used to webmail though, and that’s what he’s used for
years, so RC seems like an idea.

Oh, and if possible I’d like to setup this instance of Roundcube so that only
his account is allowed to try to login to the third party provider. I don’t
want to become an alternate webmail for everyone else.

So, is this possible? Am I just asking for trouble?

--
History had wanted surgery. Sometimes Dr Chopper is the only surgeon to
hand. There's something final about an axe.