On 10.08.17 19:00, Davide Perini wrote:

> I had the same problems until a saint suggested me to stop using self
> signed certificates and start using Let's Encrypt. It's completely free
> and you can create a strong signed certificates in minutes.

Thanks, I am aware of Let's Encrypt, but the problems I described occur
with certificates issued by both Let's Encrypt and by my own CA (not
self-signed certs, but a real CA). I guess I should have mentioned that.

I included my own CA certificates and those provided by Let's Encrypt in
my Roundcube server's keychain, but it just does not work as expected. I
am fairly certain it is related to PHP 5.6 in particular, as I described
earlier.

-Ralph