On 2019-04-30 04:16, Giles Coochey wrote:
On 29/04/2019 21:58, Mike Burger wrote:
On 2019-04-29 08:51, Giles Coochey wrote:
On 29/04/2019 13:29, Andreas Meyer wrote:
Hello!

There is no plugin available to let a user reset her password, right?

Kind regards

   Andreas

If you think about this, you'll realise that the answer is no.

Roundcube is simply using the supplied credentials to the IMAP server,
which could be on a completely different machine to the one running
Roundcube.  Therefore, as within the IMAP protocol, there is no API
for changing a user's password Roundcube could not do that by itself.

If you're looking for a user self-service method of changing a
password, then you'll need to look at the authentication method used
by your IMAP server and provide a relevant tool at that end, not on
the RoundCube front-end.

Andreas,

As you'll see by way of the two images I've attached, I'm afraid that the above response is incorrect.

If you can't find it in <path-to-roundcube>/plugins/password, you can find it at:

https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/tree/master/plugins/password

That plugin makes a lot of assumptions (for a lot of use cases it
assumes that RoundCube is installed on the IMAP server systems itself,
which is unlikely, Roundcube is likely to be installed in the DMZ/WEB
tier, whereas mailbox servers are likely to be installed in the APP
tier, fronted by loadbalancers in the DMZ tier), in many use cases it
also requires your to write your own password change module - so at
best it is a skeleton plugin and not ready for easy deployment.

As I noted in my reply to Reindl, it pays to do a little research.

First of all, the password plugin is packaged WITH RCE...as in, in the tarball, and part of the base installation.

Second, if you go into the password plugin directory and peruse the README file, you'll find that section 2, "Drivers", covers 20 possible configurations:

 2. Drivers
 2.1.  Database (sql)
 2.2.  Cyrus/SASL (sasl)
 2.3.  Poppassd/Courierpassd (poppassd)
 2.4.  LDAP (ldap)
 2.5.  DirectAdmin Control Panel (directadmin)
 2.6.  cPanel
 2.6.1.  cPanel WHM (cpanel)
 2.6.2.  cPanel Webmail (cpanel_webmail)
 2.7.  XIMSS/Communigate (ximms)
 2.8.  Virtualmin (virtualmin)
 2.9.  hMailServer (hmail)
 2.10. PAM (pam)
 2.11. Chpasswd (chpasswd)
 2.12. LDAP - no PEAR (ldap_simple)
 2.13. XMail (xmail)
 2.14. Pw (pw_usermod)
 2.15. domainFACTORY (domainfactory)
 2.16. DBMail (dbmail)
 2.17. Expect (expect)
 2.18. Samba (smb)
 2.19. Vpopmail daemon (vpopmaild)
 2.20. Plesk (Plesk RPC-API)
 2.21. Kpasswd

This would seem to indicate, at least to me, that the fine folks who maintain RCE feel that its more than a skeleton plugin and is quite ready for easy deployment.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1