On 2019-11-27 12:56, @lbutlr wrote:
On 26 Nov 2019, at 17:51, Gerardo Contreras <gc...@unpa.edu.mx> wrote:
In our experience, sending a welcome letter to new employees, It's better to write the template as a draft, in the drafts folder, instead of having to edit the sent mail. That way you fill in the pertinent information instead of replacing it -- this avoids overlooking a certain detail that was meant to a previous recipient, and sending it incorrectly to the new recipient.

This is a good point, but I do this by editing the welcome mail that
postfixadmin sends when a new account is created. This means the
welcome message is veery generic, but it includes the links that might
be useful and some information that everyone ignores, but hey, we sent
it!

Sending a boiler-plate mail can also be scripted (i.e. not use Roundcube
at all, or any other interactive e-mail client).

Rosetta Code has a "write a function to send mail" task, which is solved
in over fifty programming languages:

http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Send_email