Hi Samuel.
you can have different y_tick.labels on the left and right y axes and multiply the y-data of the line with the right y axis with a factor. In your case the left y axis could have y_tick.labels from -1 to +1 and the right y axis from -2 to +2. But because both lines are drawn in the same axes (with the same y_tick.locations from -1 to +1), you have to multiply 2*sin(x) by 0.5 to make it correspond to the right y axis labels that are multiplied by 2 (1/0.5).

However, in your case both lines will look be the same. But if you change the second to 2*cos(x) and give it another color or line style (which is somewhere noted to correspond to the right y axis) it could work.

/Stefan

On 2013-02-23 23:02, Samuel Enibe wrote:
Thanks, Stephan.
Can you help me a little further.
Suppose I have the data
x = [0:0.1:1]
y = sin(x)
plot(x, y)
xtitle("My Title", "Value of x", "Sin (x)")

y2 = 2 * sin(x)
//y2label = "2 * sin(x)"

How do I plot y2 so that it uses the right Y-axis with its y2label
properly specified

    http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.__4.0/en_US/drawaxis.html

    On 2013-02-23 22:19, Samuel Enibe wrote:

        Thanks, Spougeon.
        This has partly solved the problem. Suppose I have two plots on
        the same
        graph, one is to use the left Y-axis, while the second is to use the
        right Y-axis. How should I handle it with gca() or any other
        command?

        Samuel Ogbonna Enibe
        University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria

        On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 8:14 AM, <sgoug...@free.fr
        <mailto:sgoug...@free.fr>
        <mailto:sgoug...@free.fr <mailto:sgoug...@free.fr>>> wrote:

             Hello,

             according to your needs, you may do either:

             plot2d()
             ax = gca();
             ax.y_location = 'right';

             or

             demo_gui() // then Graphics => 2D & 3D => plotyy | plotyyy
             // and look at the code, using
             help newaxes //
        http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.__4.0/en_US/newaxes.html
        <http://help.scilab.org/docs/5.4.0/en_US/newaxes.html>

             Regards
             Samuel

Samuel Ogbonna Enibe
BEng (Nig), MSc (Reading, England), PhD (Nig)
Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Director, National Centre for Equipment  Maintenance & Development
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria
Tel: +2348063646798
Email: samuel.en...@unn.edu.ng <mailto:samuel.en...@unn.edu.ng>
enibe...@yahoo.com <mailto:enibe...@yahoo.com>