You can do it with the macrovar primitive.

S.

Le 29/05/13 22:56, Adrien Vogt-Schilb a écrit :
you cannot.

But you can provide the function directly with the name of your variable, and transform te name of the variable into the variable by evaluating it...

function  f(nameofvar1,nameofvar2)

    var1 = evstr(nameofvar1)
    var2 = evstr(nameofvar2)
    disp(nameofvar1 + " + "+ nameofvar2 +" is "+string(var1 +var2))

endfunction

a=5;
b=7;