Hi Paul,

I don't really like a function that gives different answers for the very same
input.
That sounds like a bug to me.
That being said, from the data you showed, it is not clear that your
eigenvector are really different.
If what you show is just a difference in the norm of the difference between the
eigenvalue at iteration 1 and N, that might be OK.
Indeed, if v is an eigenvector, a.v with a non zero-scalar, is also an
eigenvector.
You should check whether v1 and vN are colinear: if they are, the results are
not really different, they just differ by a scaling factor.
But I would still call it a bug, as a function should always give the same
answer when given the same input parameters.

Cheers,

Antoine