Le 19/02/2016 11:17, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
Hello,

Le 19/02/2016 11:05, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
Hello,

I am currently porting a Scilab package (Sysmetab, on the Scilab forge but not yet Atoms packaged) and I have noticed that Scilab 6 is two times slower than Scilab 5.5.2. The involved computations are very diverse but are vectorized products of submatrices, sparse matrix algebra and sparse linear systems solving. Until now, I did not have time to make a precise profiling, but knowing in advance which type of operations/computations have eventually regressed could be of great help to identify the bottlenecks...

bench_run() is designed for that: https://help.scilab.org/docs/5.5.2/en_US/bench_run.html On the same computer, you may run it on 5.5.2 for chosen modules, run it as well on 6.0, and compare results.

This looks like finding a needle in a haystack...

SG

Département de Génie Informatique
Université de Technologie de Compiègne -  CS 60319
60203 Compiègne cedex