Le 21/03/2017 à 09:10, Frieder Nikolaisen a écrit :

Thanks alot. It also works with file and read for me. But I still don't know how to handle a string header: read: Wrong number of output argument(s): 0 expected.

Do you mean: some initial rows of text?
Then you may rather use csvRead(): https://help.scilab.org/docs/6.0.0/en_US/csvRead.html
and its last input argument "header"

Koeffizienten_DM=file("open",
"C:\Users\f.nikolaisen\Documents\Bachelorarbeit\Simulation\Koeffizienten_DM_Matrix.txt",
"old")

E=read(Koeffizienten_DM,-1,4)

disp(E)

file('close',Koeffizienten_DM);

Could I still choose the document as a user?

Koeffizienten_Pfad  =  uigetfile(["*.txt"],'',"Wählen Sie die Datei
Koeffizienten");

Koeffizienten_DM= file("open",Koeffizienten_Pfad,  "old");

And having there not an abselout path, but the current directory opened.

Koeffizienten_DM= file("open","Koeffizienten_DM_Matrix.txt",  "old");

Sorry for this beginners questions, its really hard to get this details with the Scilab help.

The multiple sections about files are likely the worst.