Hello Clément,

Le 18/10/2018 à 14:09, Clément DAVID a écrit :

Hello,

My 2cents, this is probably a poor man’s approach but Xcos offers vec2var / var2vec functions that encode in a double vector any Scilab datatypes passed as arguments. The encoding duplicates the data in memory so there might be some overhead.

Do you think it would be complicated to continuously write the serialized data on the disk ?

On my machine, I have these timings using the attached script (Antoine’s one edited):

save _list_ of _syslins_: 1.361704

save _list_ of vec[]: 0.056788

save var2vec(list of _syslins_): 0.014411

Discarding hdf5 groups creation is a huge performance win but remove _any way_ to create clean hdf5 (eg. to address subgroups directly).

Thanks,

--

Clément

*From:*users <users-boun...@lists.scilab.org> *On Behalf Of *Arvid Rosén
*Sent:* Tuesday, October 16, _2018_ 1:01 PM
*To:* antoine.monmayr...@laas.fr; Users mailing list for Scilab <users@lists.scilab.org>
*Subject:* Re: [Scilab-users] HDF5 save is super slow

*From: *users <users-boun...@lists.scilab.org <mailto:users-boun...@lists.scilab.org>> on behalf of "amonm...@laas.fr <mailto:amonm...@laas.fr>" <amonm...@laas.fr <mailto:amonm...@laas.fr>> *Reply-To: *"antoine.monmayr...@laas.fr <mailto:antoine.monmayr...@laas.fr>" <antoine.monmayr...@laas.fr <mailto:antoine.monmayr...@laas.fr>>, Users mailing list for Scilab <users@lists.scilab.org <mailto:users@lists.scilab.org>>
*Date: *Tuesday, 16 October 2018 at 09:53
*To: *"users@lists.scilab.org <mailto:users@lists.scilab.org>" <users@lists.scilab.org <mailto:users@lists.scilab.org>>

Couldn't you create your own atom package that _restore_ this raw memory dump for _scilab_ 6.0? I understand why we moved away from this model, but it seems to be key for you. There is always a trade-off between portability (and robustness) and raw speed...

Yeah, if that was possible, I would certainly do it. We already have a bunch of C/C++ binaries that we compile and link dynamically, but for that to be easy to implement, I guess the lists and structures need to be stored linearly in one consecutive chunk of memory. I don’t know if that is the case. Anyone? C++ integrations and gateways are very poorly documented at the moment.

Otherwise, I would need to do some recursive implementation, that handles a bunch of different object types. Sounds painful.

Cheers,

Arvid

Stéphane Mottelet
Ingénieur de recherche