Le 20/02/2019 à 12:56, Samuel Gougeon a écrit :
Hello Federico,

Le 20/02/2019 à 03:46, Federico Miyara a écrit :

Dear all,

I'm currently using Scilab 6.0.1 on Windows 7 with several projects in progress that I don't want to put at risk. But I'm anxious to give 6.0.2 a try. Is it safe to install it in other folder? I mean, can both versions coexist or it is necessary to uninstall 6.0.1 to prevent trouble?

Yes, as written by Eric, you can install as many versions as you want, official ones and development ones as well (to give them a try and contribute to prevent bugs before official releases) without any issues.
This is a strong -- too little known -- asset of Scilab.

Important indication: All this is about Scilab /*on Windows*/.
For other OS, Linux distributions, etc, does it depend on packaging systems, that may -- or not -- require and/or perform -- the removal of former versions?
Feedbacks from other users would be welcome!