Hello,

Concerning the ATOMS problems with 6.0.2 on OSX Catalina (Windows users please stop reading further... ;-)), I have the following error on a freshly installed configuration (dedicated partition on my machine):

Scilab 6.0.2 (Aug 19 2019, 11:47:50)

 --> ATOMSLIST

 atomsDownload: The following file hasn't been downloaded:

 - URL      : 'http://atoms.scilab.org/6.0/TOOLBOXES/64/macosx.gz'

- Local location : '/private/var/folders/pp/hrld62h917x_ccf55yzn78z00000gn/T/SCI_TMP_1093_DIw7vR/.atoms/1_TOOLBOXES.gz'

 WARNING: error: Wrong type for input argument #1: string expected.

 Scanning repository http://atoms.scilab.org/6.0 ... Skipped

at line   198 of function atomsDESCRIPTIONget ( /Applications/scilab-6.0.2.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atoms_internals/atomsDESCRIPTIONget.sci line 217 )

at line    38 of function atomsList           ( /Applications/scilab-6.0.2.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/modules/atoms/macros/atomsList.sci line 54 )

 All ATOMS repositories scan failed.

In fact the temp folder

/private/var/folders/pp/hrld62h917x_ccf55yzn78z00000gn/T/SCI_TMP_1093_DIw7vR/.atoms

is empty. This is not a network problem as the following command succeeds:

 --> GETURL HTTP://ATOMS.SCILAB.ORG/6.0/TOOLBOXES/64/MACOSX.GZ

  ans  =

  /Users/mottelet/macosx.gz

 Samuel do you have an idea ?

S.

Chin Luh Tan <chinluh....@bytecode-asia.com> a écrit :

Hi Perrichon,

Apologize in advance but I think the this conversation is actually solving quite some issues in MacOS and I felt that it could be helpful to continue in mailing list. However, I've no objection to bring it private as well, please keep me in the loop if it goes private. :)

For MacOS users I think they are couple of issues which has been resolved (or some workaround) by this thread. Base on the conversation, I think we could come out with some guideline which could be helpful:

1. for version before High Sierra (10.13), everything works fine, from scilab 6.0.1 to 6.0.2, and I could confirm that atomsInstall for modules such as IPCV works perfectly on this platform for both 6.0.1 and 6.0.2

2. with Stephen help, using the patch for Java, Scilab 6.0.2 could launch on Catalina (10.15) successfully.

3. Issues with atoms on MacOS arise since Majove (10.14), including Catalina,  the very same module during the installation gives issue, which has been reported here:
   http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/ipcv/issues/1919/[1] .

4. This prompt us to explore further, and found out that modules with only macros seems ok, but the one with gateway will have this issues.

5. We have to emphasis, the very same module works on Scilab 6.0.2 MacOS High Sierra, It only broke since Majove where the extractions of modules seems to be very very different with previous version of Mac. I would not say it is MacOS or Scilab issue, but obviously it seems to be some changes in MacOS that caused this behavior?

In summary, with Stephen's fix, the Scilab 6.0.2 could now run on MacOS Catalina, while with Willi finding on the modules folders disorganization and how to manually move them around, we could make the modules run as well. I think this is quite a great achievement so far to provide Mac users a workaround for current issues, and let's make it even better in coming release!

   Cheers!

   Thanks

   Regards,
   Chin Luh

---- On Mon, 04 Nov 2019 06:54:30 +0800 PERRICHON <perrichon.pie...@wanadoo.fr> wrote ----

Hello
Could you continue your conversion in private ?
Thanks for everybody
P.

Before printing, think about ENVIRONMENTAL responsabity