Sorry for the typo, I meant sin(x)/x, i.e., the sinc function.

On 04/02/2020 23:42, Federico Miyara wrote:

Dear All,

Is there a primitive implementing the sine(x)/x indefinite integral (called sine integral, Si)?

I couldn't find it either among the special functions or trigonometric functions collections. It is an important function in signal processing (for instance a non-aliased rectangular pulse requires Si).

I know it would be possible to find the value for given x using integrate or intg, but I'm sure it would be much more efficient to use an approximation such as a Taylor series combined perhaps with an asymptotic approximation, than to massively compute a definite integral for each single value.

Regards,

Federico Miyara