No, Stéphane meant progressionbar() not waitbar().

Something like:

winId=progressionbar('Reading Excel files');
xlread(...)
close(winId);

Should do what you need.

Regards, Hani

Am 12.10.23 um 01:37 schrieb Greg James:
Hi

That is what I have essentially done , just update the waitbar through
sections of the code as read in multiple data sets.

To have the ability to have a user thread would be great or a periodic
timer that has a call back mechanism.

I really don’t care about the exact progress of the waitbar , all I want
is to give the user feedback that something is happening as the excel
reads are slow because of the size of the data .

Cheers

Greg