You can create all certificates, keys etc. on one machine. As soon as
you're done with creating all certificates you copy the appropriate
files to the corresponding machines.

Search the web for a detailed tutorial on how to create a CA and issue
certificates with OpenSSL. Get back to the mailing list if you have
questions. Please include error messages as well.

I don't see the reason why you copy strongswanKey.pem (the key of the
CA) from moon to sun. This key should be kept secret.

You can create the CA infrastructure on a completely different machine.
None of the IPsec peers has (or say should) be involved.