Hello Daniel,

Daniel Mentz wrote:
> Andreas Steffen wrote in his e-mail on dec 24:
>
> ".....the IKEv2 charon daemon receives the FQDN as a
> string via the stroke interface and does name resolution on the fly
> shortly before actually negotiating the IPsec tunnel."
>
> This appears not to work for me. The output of starter is as follows:
>
> Starting strongSwan 4.3.5 IPsec [starter]...
> no default route - cannot cope with %defaultroute!!!
> |   charonstart=yes
> |   plutostart=no
> |   keyexchange=ikev2
> |   left=%any
> |   leftsourceip=%modeconfig
> |   leftcert=danielCA_daniel-notebook.pem
> |   leftfirewall=yes
> |   right=home.example.com
> # bad addr: right=home.example.com [does not look numeric and name
> lookup failed]

Well, if no default route exists then the host most probably is also
not able to resolve hostnames via DNS. Did you try if nslookup works
before starting the IKE negotiation?

> |   rightid=/CN=Vaterstetten/
> |   rightsubnet=192.168.10.0/24
> |   dpdaction=restart
> |   auto=add
>
> Please note that home.example.com is not the real DNS name. I replaced
> the real one for security reasons.
>
> I'm also confused by the syntax of the stroke command.
>
>    Add a connection:
>      stroke add NAME MY_ID OTHER_ID MY_ADDR OTHER_ADDR\
>             MY_NET OTHER_NET MY_NETBITS OTHER_NETBITS
>      where: ID is any IKEv2 ID
>             ADDR is a IPv4 address
>             NET is a IPv4 subnet in CIDR notation

We haven't updated the stroke command line connection configuration
option for years. Thus don't be surprised if nothing more than
some very basic configurations actually work!

> It clearly states that it requires an IPv4 address no FQDN.
>
> Could you please help me with that.
>
> Thanks
> -Daniel

Best regards