Hi all,

I setup the UML test environment following the instructions in the INSTALL file
in testing directory and using ingredients specified in
http://www.strongswan.org/uml-install.html

When I fired up the UML instances and tried to manually make a connection, the
UML instance failed to connect. Log file
of the peer showed that it received the IKE AUTH request and sent back reply.
Tcpdump confirmed arrival of reply from peer. But charon in the UML instance
did not received the response.

Then I edited ipsec.conf and change plutostart=no and the tunnel was
established?!
Anyone familiar with UML and the gentoo filesystem etc. knows why this is
happening? May be there is a special
command line argument to run charon in Gentoo? Or am I missing a compiler
directive when I built StrongSwan
(automatically done by scripts in the testing directory)? I do need to have
both pluto and charon running side by side.

Thanks,
Simon