Tobias,

   My next question then is:

In the case of aesgcm algorithms where the integrity is built into the encryption algorithm, How does that map to prf algorithms ? Do yo have to explicitly configure prf in that case? or are those mapped too? I didn't see such mapping in wiki pages.

Thanks,
Jaafr

On 2018-05-14 04:16, Tobias Brunner wrote:
Hi Jafar,

     Thanks for the correction.   What I meant to say is :

             The PRF algorithm is derived from the integrity algorithm,
but only if a DH group is also configured.

  Correct?

No, the DH group has nothing to do with the PRF or the integrity
algorithm.  And for IKE proposals you always have to configure at least
one DH group.

Regards,
Tobias