Hi Harald,

is there some way to tell charon-nm to use 4500/udp for the outgoing
connection, instead of an arbitrary port, if available? Same for
500/udp.

You can explicitly configure the ports via strongswan.conf (charon-nm.port and charon-nm.port_nat_t). Just make sure you don't use charon or charon-systemd on the same host to avoid conflicts.

I assume a problem on the AVM Fritzbox in this context. 500/udp and
4500/udp at both ends appears to be more reliable.

That doesn't really make sense as there could always be a NAT in between that changes the source ports.

Also, has AVM finally released a version of their system that supports IKEv2? Took them long enough. But considering their track record regarding IKEv1, I guess we have to expect interoperability issues for the next 20 years.

However, I am not
sure at all where the temporary port comes from.

What are you referring to?

Regards,
Tobias