dIon,

[snip]
> > What's the plan?
> ear processing is in the ear plugin.
> war processing is in the war plugin.
> ejb processing is in the ejb plugin.
> jar processing is in the java plugin.
> appserver processing is in the appserver plugin.

What do you call appserver processing? For example, I'd like to develop a jboss
plugin that creates a valid jboss deployment configuration (i.e. what you'll
find in jbosshome/server/<config name>). I had planned to create a jboss plugin
for that. Then, if I want to add a goal to start/stop jboss, where does it go:
in the appserver plugin or in this jbossplugin?

I think containers are pretty different in their configuration, deployment
features, etc and that it may warrants a separate plugin for each container.
However, there are pros and cons for both strategies (one plugin vs N plugins).

Ideas?
Thanks
-Vincent