I'm trying to retain <pre> tag content when generating javadoc, source xref and jellydoc contents. But it appears to behave inconsistently across these different generations, this seems to arise in the initial generation of xdoc from the sourcecode (at least from what I've seen in jellydoc taglib.xml files).

For example with something of the format:

/**
* A tag which sets its contents to be executed when the begin
* method is called. This tag must either be within a model tag
* or have the model parameter set. This is usually applied in
* conjunction with the setup tag.
*
* Examples,
*
* <pre>
* &lt;project xmlns="jelly:org.mrd.jelly.repast.RepastTagLibrary" xmlns:j="jelly:core"&gt;
* &lt;controller var="cntrl" type="uchicago.src.sim.engine.Controller"&gt;
* &lt;model var="mdl" type="uchicago.src.sim.sugarScape.SugarModel"&gt;
* &lt;begin&gt;
* &lt;-- any jelly scripted content here. --&gt;
* &lt;/begin&gt;
* &lt;/model&gt;
* &lt;/controller&gt;
* &lt;j:expr value="${cntrl.display()}"/&gt;
* &lt;/project&gt;
* </pre>
**/

the pre section gets trimmed so that all line breaks and tabs get eliminated from the text. Which isn't very good for placing pre html tags into javadoc comments. Do you have any recommendations on what I could adjust to compensate for this? I've been rebuilding maven and can modify the sourcecode if neccessary.

-Mark