On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 11:37, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to check with users about the frequency of using ${pom.X}
> notation in properties files. I would like to remove this feature as it
> is causing some grief internally and the only place I see it being used
> internally is driver.properties which isn't visible to most users.
>
> I don't believe this 'feature' is being used but I wanted to check
> because I believe I made an error in judgement letting this usage into
> existence.
>
> So for example in driver.properties we have:
>
> maven.final.name = ${pom.artifactId}-${pom.currentVersion}
>
> This is the type of usage I want to remove.

Just a clarification: there seem to be a few places in plugins where the
${pom.X) interpolation is used and I can catch those to make sure things
work. I really just wanted to know if this feature is in widespread use.

I would really like to move to properties files that strictly contain
user defined values and not pom defined values.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]