From: Rafal Krzewski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 7:32 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: How adaptable is Maven's version system?

Christian Clausen wrote:

> Sorry for not being explicit. I disagree with the statement "you need
to put the
> name of the branch into the artifact name". In my example, the
artifactId is the
> same in all branches.

With current maven, you can have only one snapshot version per artifact.
If you project has two branches that need separate snapshots, it must
deliver two distinct artifacts. There is no way around this, that I know
of. Therefore the easiest way of achieving the objective of having
distinct snaphost versions for both branches of your codebase is
delivering two artifacts named in <artifact>-<branch> fashion.

R.