At 5:00 PM +0100 6/25/03, Vipul Vij wrote:
Hi List,

Well, I have been using Maven to generate WARs using JARs as you would. I have tried to deploy the WARs onto IBM's WAS and found it was unable to do this. It is complaining about an invalid header file. Now, (after a lot of such around on Google) I have located that the problem lies with the Manifest file and that the JAR that Maven generates is corrupt. >From Euan Guttridge's posting: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-maven-user&m=105119655219170&w=2 I understand that this has been fixed. I am currently using the maven-1.0-beta-9 version of Maven.

Unfortunately, when I build the source it fails :- (

Does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this ?

You should be able to simply build the jar plugin and install it, rather than trying to build the whole Maven project from CVS.

cd src/plugins-build/jar
maven plugin:install

This is such a serious problem that I think a new Maven release should be cut as soon as possible. Even if it were just a beta 9.01 or something.

Joe

Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time." --Jaron Lanier