Arthur Suilin wrote:
maven.docs.outputencoding

Yes, I've set this parameter. But this is works only for HTML generation at final stage (if all input xdoc files are in VALID windows-1251 encoding). Some maven plugins still generate intermediate xdoc files in ISO-8859-1 encoding, or without specified encoding at all. These files just don't contain Russian letters.

I think maven hasn't been used enough for this and that some good test-cases are needed.
I had a similar problem (I am using UTF-8 all the time even though without out-of-iso-latin-1 characters yet) with &Eacute in an older version but it got fixed...

I think the trouble will most probably lie within anything that is not purely XML... like Velocity...

May I encourage anyone to submit small test-cases ? (i.e. that would probably be small enough with a project.xml and some xdocs...).

Paul