        From: Luke Taylor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Wed 7/2/2003 5:46 PM
        To: Maven Users List
        Subject: Re: nested errors

        David Liles wrote:

        > I am running maven to build my project and I am getting the following error:
        >
        >     [javac]
D:\projects\pc_office_2004\src\com\wellogic\catalyst\knowledge\action\RetrievalAction.java:67:cannot
 resolve symbol
        >     [javac] symbol  : method getParameterMap ()
        >     [javac] location: interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest
        >     [javac] Map parameters =
PrepopulationUtility.ParameterMapToHashMap((Hashtable) request.getParameterMap());
        >     [javac]
        >
        > I do not understad why this error is occuring since I am including the j2ee
jar in my dependency tag....

        Which "j2ee jar" are you including and how are you going about it?
        Presumably you want to include the servlet apis and a version which has
        the getParameterMap method. Have you checked that you are actually doing
        this (i.e. does the HttpServletRequest you are using have this method)?
        Sounds like you might be using an older version of the servlet classes.

        Luke.

        --
          Luke Taylor.                      Monkey Machine Ltd.
          PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C            http://www.monkeymachine.ltd.uk