It is possible to use a 'local' repository AND the ibiblio repository simultaneously

In our case, we use a local repository called 'http://supportweb/maven'

Below is a segment of our project.properties file.  This allows us to deploy to our
site, yet draw from both.

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# -- Repository for resolving dependencies (JAR, etc)
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# -- maven.repo.central          (Opt) Host of central repository in which
#                                      project Artifacts are deployed (released)
#                                       Default=login.ibiblio.org
# -- maven.repo.central.directory(Opt) Directory on central repository in which
#                                      project Artifacts are deployed (released)
#                                       Default=/public/html/maven
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# -- maven.repo.remote           (Opt) Defines the main repository(s) for dependencies
#                                       Default=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/
# -- maven.repo.remote.enabled   (Opt) On-Line mode
#                                       Default=true
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# -- maven.repo.local            (Opt) Local cache of all published dependencies
#                                       Default=${MAVEN_HOME}/repository
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# -- maven.jar.override = on     (Opt) There are two type of JAR override directives.
#                                      (1) to specify a specific JAR artifact path
#                                          for a given artifactId
#                                      (2) specify a specific version of a JAR
#                                          artifact that exists in your local
repository.
#                                      Default=http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/
# maven.jar.override = on     (Opt) There are two type of JAR override directives.
# maven.jar.a = ${basedir}/lib/a.jar  # Jars set explicity by path.
# maven.jar.a = 1.0-beta-1            # Jars set explicity by version.
maven.repo.remote=http://supportweb/maven/,http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/
maven.repo.central=supportweb
maven.repo.central.directory=/share/web/Website-Static/maven