Hi Tobias,

Not sure I understand your question. My own personal rule for writing
plugins is the following:

1/ Write the logic in Java. If I write an xml processing plugin then I
would write the xml processing logic in java. That's of course if a
framework does not already exist for it...

Then, depending on your use case you may want to wrap it in an Ant task
or in a Jelly tag or in a Maven plugin or...

-Vincent

ant,