When running maven-1.0-beta-10, the first thing I noticed is that the local repository is stored in ${user.home}/repository instead of $MAVEN_HOME/repository (as it was in beta-9). This is fine, but the documentation should be updated to reflect this. I can submit a patch if no one else has the time.

Also, pom:validate seems to be a lot more aggressive in reporting errors. One problem is that it doesn't seem to handle the <extend/> tag correctly, it reports errors about missing tags, although the tags are included in the extended pom file. Should this be considered a bug?