Hello everybody,

In my project.xml, my project needs the following dependency:

<!-- Oracle 8i JDBC driver 8.1.7.1 -->
<dependency>
 <groupId>jdbc</groupId>
 <artifactId>classes12</artifactId>
 <version>8.1.7.1</version>
 <type>zip</type>
</dependency>

Maven (beta-10) checks into the repository under <repository>/jdbc/zips/classes12-8.1.7.1.zip before building the project, that's okay. BUT, it doesn't append this .zip to the classpath. I've looked the DependencyClasspathBuilder.java class, the build() method only adds "jar" or "ejb" dependencies.

Is it possible in a future release to add the "zip" type ? <<

For now, I've dropped the .zip file into the jars subdirectory (<repository>/jdbc/jars/classes12-8.1.7.1.zip) and I use something like that (but it's not ideal):

<!-- Oracle 8i JDBC driver 8.1.7.1 -->
<dependency>
 <groupId>jdbc</groupId>
 <artifactId>classes12</artifactId>