Hi all,

there are at least two possibilities to weave your aspect into your
source
code. Maven provides one solution by defining two source locations
(src/java,
src/aop). However, I ran into a little problem compiling my source code
with
aspects in a .jar-file. I'm working with aspectj and the ant task
provides
an attribute named aspectPath which specifies a .jar-file containing the
aspects.
Since the aspectj plugin does not cover this option I modified it a bit
accept aspects in jars as well. For that reason I defined a property
maven.aspectj.aspectPath which points to the jar.
Is there a more elegant solution to this problem? Is it probably
possible
to specify an aspect dependency which may do the job for me?

Thx in advance for any hint.
Dominik

      _/     _/    _/  _/     _/  M.Sc. student, Computer Science
     _/     _/        _/     _/   Trinity College Dublin
    _/     _/        _/     _/    tel  : +353 (0)1 608
   _/     _/    _/  _/     _/     email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  _/      _/_/_/  __/_/_/_/       www  : http://www.cs.tcd.ie/~dahlemd