My apologies. The documentation has been updated for an upcoming release,
but install_repo did not exist in beta-10. I will discuss this with the
other developers and see what the best approach is about making sure new
doco doesn't get on the web site.

Your other problem is probably related to your setting of MAVEN_HOME. What
has it been set to? Have you created a build.properties file with custom
settings that may affect this?

Thanks,
Brett