[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
What should happen is this:
sub projects should inherit main and be able to override them.

I don't think so. Inheriting project.xml / maven.xml (but not project properties, see MAVEN-37 - our longest standing bug) happens when a project extends another. Main project - sub project relationship is something completly different and does not involve iheriting settings. Incidentally, some people may decide use the main project as the vehicle for the settings shared by the sub projects, and use inheritance in conjunction with multiproject, but this is by no means a general rule.

R.