Hi,

I'm trying to understand how best to assemble an ear file from multiple components also built using maven. These are the two approaches I've come up with.

1) use reactor to build all of the constituent jars, wars, ejb-jars. Copy these files to the ear assembly directory and then use the ear plugin.

2) use reactor to build all of the constituent jars, wars, ejb-jars etc. Install these components into the local repo using the multi-project plugin. Declare all of the dependencies for the ear within the ear project.xml, build the ear using the ear plugin.

Is either of these 'better' than the other or is there some other process?

Thanks
Nathan