[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

What about people that want to use different XML parsers etc than those supplied with the JVM?

And should we do the same for other stuff like XSL?

:)

All I wanted is for my build to continue to build even if the XML dependencies
are not there.  If there is something that satisfies it for me, then cool.
Really all that is needed for a build to continue working under JDK 1.3.1 is
the xml-utils.jar file as it has all the JAXP code.  As long as your project
(and all mine comply with this) interacts with parsers and transformers through
JAXP, all is well.