cheers,

I've tried adding this to the plugin's project.xml

    <dependency>
       <id>ant-optional</id>
       <groupId>ant</groupId>
       <version>1.5.3-1</version>
    </dependency>

and this to the plugin.jelly

<taskdef name="junit"
classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask"
classpath="${plugin.getDependencyPath('ant-optional')}" />

but it still doesn't work :(