Hi,

I've been thinking about executing sql scripts as part of my maven build / assembly / test / deployment process.

rationale
1) setup / teardown for unit & integration tests.
2) db setup prior to deployment.
3) maintain all project artifacts in one place e.g. <proj>/src/ddl

Has anyone considered executing sql as a maven goal? Anyone have any suggestions as to what aproach to take? Also interested to hear if anyone thinks this is a bad idea, or if some other plugin or ant task fulfils this requirement.

A few ideas I've had
1) write a java class that executes the sql from a file. Use properties to define connection details / sql file etc.
2) use something like the jstl jdbc tags to define the sql, could have this completely wrong as I haven't looked at these taglibs in any detail.

cheers
Nathan