I know that property inheritance is a hot discussion, and I've been
following it intently over the months.  I just had an idea though, that I'd
like to see what people think.

Since the multiproject plugin is the replacement for the reactor, couldn't
it be modified to load the inherited properties for each subproject?  It
could load the build.properties and project.properties from the MAIN project
for each subproject that it executes.  I would almost think it cleaner to
have the mulitproject plugin load a "multiproject.properties" from the MAIN
project in order to specify what properties should be inherited by the
subprojects.

Does this seem like a feasible solution, or is the intended path of maven
quite different?

Ryan Sonnek