For what it's worth, I think these are all legitimate, good reasons.
Especially the point that experienced writers can communicate much better
than most other people who don't write (like me.)  I understand that it can
be an enjoyable experience, and I look forward to seeing the book.

The only thing I wanted to say is often I don't have books with me while I'm
doing coding, especially at work.  I do use the Internet all the time to
lookup Javadoc, find examples, etc.  For instance there are Struts books
(even from O'Reilly) but because I don't have that book with me at all times
I usually do searches to find out the info I need.  If there were only books
and no online documentation for Hibernate, XDoclet, Ant, and numerous other
libraries, I would probably be frustrated and out hundreds of dollars in
book fees.  :)

Books are great for communicating theories and ideas, best practices,
strategies, etc.  For instance I carry around Effective Java by Joshua Bloch
every where I go.  I find that book to be one of the best, if not the best,
overall Java programming books for advanced Java developers.  At one point I
did buy Java in a Nutshell but I don't use it because all of the info can be
found on the web.