From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Maven Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: same project, different properties

Nicolas, you could make 2 subprojects, it is so simple to do ;) and a good
approche

And see the WhyYouCantCreateMultipleArtifactsInOneProject page.
http://wiki.codehaus.org/maven/WhyYouCantCreateMultipleArtifactsInOneProject

Nicolas

-------------------------------

"Nicolas De Loof" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
15/10/2003 15:19
Veuillez répondre à "Maven Users List"

        Pour :  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc :
        Objet : same project, different properties

Hello all,

I'm a newbie maven user.

I use maven for a webapp project, and I need to build a second war file
from the same java sources (same web
application, but different web.xml)

I want to use war-plugin "maven.war.webxml" property to set the web.xml
that is used in the war, and change it regarding
wich war must be build.

Is there any way to change the propect.properties that is used when
runnign maven or to set properties in project.xml ?

I tried to set a second project.xml that extends my project.xml this way :

<project>
    <extend>project.xml</extend>
    <id>restricted-webapp</id>
    <name>restricted-webapp</name>
    <groupId>webapp</groupId>

    <properties>
        <maven.war.webxml>web-restricted.xml</maven.war.webxml>
    </properties>
</project>

This way I should be able to use maven -p option to run a build on my
second webapp. But this doesn't work (default
web.xml is used).

Do you have any suggestion ?

Nico.