Hi,

I was trying to use the convert-snapshot goals of the release plugin.
However the plugin did not replace the Snapshot versions.
I had a look in the source code and when I replaced the "getVariables....."
section in the call to getFile of org.apache.maven.util.HttpUtils with some
hardcoded strings it is working correctly. What might be the problem with
that.

Thanks for help
Christian

getFile( url,
snapshotVersionFile,
true, // ignore errors
false, // use timestamps
(String) getVariables().get( MavenConstants.PROXY_HOST ), // works when set
to string literal
(String) getVariables().get( MavenConstants.PROXY_PORT ), // works when set
to string literal