> A massive number of abstractions cropping up isn't going to be
> something that is going to happen in Maven.

I'm not looking for a massive number of abstractions; on the contrary, I think
abstractions should be very clear, and relatively simple.

That being said, well-placed abstractions go a long way in furthering the power and
usefulness of a tool.  I think Log4j is a prime example of this approach to design.

Something like a VersionExtractor might fail the "clear and simple" test, but to close
yourself off completely and take a "Maven way or the high way" mindset?  Forgive me if
I'm misinterpreting your response...

Kyle

_____

Kyle Adams | Java Developer  |  Gordon Food Service  |  616-717-6162