OK. So, here it is again.

1) Install Beta-10. Run maven site:generate (navigation.html works. there are valid links in there)
2) "Upgrade" to RC-1. Run maven site:generate (navigation.html is broken. All links go nowhere)
3) Delete c:\documents and settings\userid\.maven\plugins
4) Run RC-1 site:generate. navigation.html works now. Conflicting plugin versions? I guess so.

So, from now on, is the upgrade process include deleting your ~\.maven\plugins dir? I assume that's a "yes".

Thanks,

--Leif